After two months of excavations (summer, 2005), the outlines of a large, basically rectangular structure (c.9m x 16m) were uncovered.  Much of the original building stone, used in what is believed to have been a church destroyed in 1447 by disgruntled Bohemian mercenaries, had subsequently been removed for construction projects in the area.  What remains though are the foundations and lower courses of a monumental western wall along with fragments of the north, south, and east enclosing walls.  Numerous pieces of ceramic were recovered, datable to approximately 800-1450AD, as well as a remarkable amount of metal finds, some 100 pieces with a total weight of over 20 kg.
               Dr Michael J Bendon
Schmeessen, The Church